Sunday, January 31, 2010

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Live Well--Last night Justice told me that French Fry (the frog) and Tater Tot (the mouse) went to the hospital in this ambulance. I asked Justice what happened. "Well, the mouse had a fever and they gave him a band-aid and French Fry sprained his ankle in ketchup while going up for a lay-up." I must have been sleeping pretty hard to miss all the commotion...Moral of the story-- Rest is the best of all medicines, especially for a tired Coach's Wife...

Laugh Often---Coach Keene is officially 1-0 in 2010. Yesterday, he hit the game winning shot and took the official point guard of the house OUT for an afternoon and evening! Yes, planned by him, babysitters, reservations and all... We FINALLY saw The Blind Side. Laughed the whole way there, figured we were the only ones left who had not experienced this move yet, but it was packed. L-O-V-E-D it! Can see alittle of the Keene Clan in all the characters. Especially, Our Justice Carter (JC) in SJ! I noticed Zach scanning the road the entire way home. I think he was looking for a point guard to move in and call him dad! HA!! Followed by a quiet dinner at Biaggi's. Laughed alittle more. Moral of the Story--Laughter is an instant vacation, even to a Coach's wife in the middle of the season!


Love Much--Yep, it only took two weeks. Two weeks after meeting Coach Keene to know I was sold. In those two weeks, I was flourished with his attention, flowers, a hand made German Chocolate Cake (my favorite, that ironically he had to hand mix, since he didn't have a mixer) rode his bike to see me at the golf course, (and if you know how steep that hill is out there you would know THAT was love) he introduced me to a group of friends I still love, and numerous late night conversations about hopes, dreams and values. Now, two kids and 7 years of marriage later....still sold. I guess in light of Valentines Day around the corner, maybe I will share some of the "Coach Keene" that I know. Not the screamer, stomp-er and ranter on the sideline, but the thoughtful and--alittle on the romantic side, guy I fell for. Moral Of the Story---Love is blind, Marriage is the eye opener!