Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Date Night---Sorta?


Well, here we are, about 4 weeks left of basketball. Almost survived this season. Just like birth, as the end nears, so do the labor pains of two words--POST SEASON! There is no greater pressure for a coach, when all you want to do is survive and advance. All season long is a dress rehearsal for the beginning of the end.


Coach Keene has been burning the candle at both ends lately. Between games. late practices, and small children, we rarely spend time together this time of year. I was actually trying to think of the last time we were alone, Decemeber 16th.....Yeah, I will admit it....I need a date...an actual meal with no children that I don't have to cook. So, I decided I would take this matter into my own hands.


A lunch date at school on Tuesday, pushed two desks together, and enjoyed 30 minutes without the interruptions of little ones. It was kinda nice. A full thirty min interaction and we DIDN'T talk about basketball. Just goes to show, sometimes a coach's wife must be creative to get some quality time!