Saturday, January 23, 2010

Keene Team Goals...



What would a team be like without goals? If you don't get into the habit of writing your dreams down, then how will you hold yourself accountable? We have, a very cheesy, GOALS bulletin board by our garage door. Everyday we must walk out into the world and hold our self to a higher standard knowing we have to walk back by the board when we get home. The goals board has family goals and individual goals.


Little do some people know when Zach and I met, I was the coach. (I am definitely the less dramatic Keene on the sidelines!) I coached golf at Western Illinois University for five years. For two years of our marriage, we both coached. I was gone in the fall and spring, he was gone in the winter...not the best arrangement, but we made it work. In 2005, I took a major career change into the Pharmaceutical Industry. Sanofi-Aventis Pharmaceuticals is the 3rd largest pharma company in the world. I LOVE IT!! I have taken my coaching attitude and my love for leading people into that career as well.

Rules about Goal Setting

1-Be Decisive 2-Stay Focused 3-Write your Goals 4-Plan Thoroughly 5-Involve Others 6-We come Failure 7-Take Action 8-Inspect what you Expect 9-Reward yourself 10-Maintain Personal Integrity