Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gyms are for Basketball and Cheering



Saturday, Grandpa and Grandma Roudebush took Justice to the Farm and Home Show at Western Hall. AKA-Rocky's gym. I hate to tell him that the real name is Waste Management Hall. (I know it's money, but wasnt there a better name to come up with besides Waste Management Hall...How about....Head on over to Rocky's "Dog Pound" brought to you by Waste Managment...Come support your Leathernecks as they POUND Oral Roberts, yeah, I dont know, I am just a drug dealer...) My parents and Justice walked into the gym and he was soooo confused. Why are the tractors parked on the gym floor. "No respect!" Justice told his dad. "The hoops weren't even down! Where would the team practice! geeze, It was.....Obama!"
Well--I guess I should explain that... Justice tells me Thursday, in a quiet but serious voice, "Obama, sounds like a dirty word!" I had to scold him for that, since he was using it, yet again, out of context..
Once he came to the realization it was okay for the tractors to park in the gym, he test drove every thing he could sit on! He is a John Deere boy at heart. I would have added a picture, but my mom is not a digital camera picture taker. They all look like he was a moving target. Pictures sometimes DO say a thousand words!
Later that night, we loaded up the family and went to the Mike Gooding Benefit in the Bowen Gym. All the way there Justice asked, "Can I shoot?" "Will they have a score table?" "I bet the locker is nice." "Will Joe be there?" Our tribe walked into the festivities, and I was floored! I bet there was over 500 people in the gym alone. I was speechless! The love and support for this man in the room is why I love rural America. People stick together for the greater cause of things. He had a tragic accident, and hundreds of people were giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to show they cared. It was awesome. Just goes to show, when you are a respectful man, people WANT to come out and support your cause! Well, Justice cried for about 30 seconds, because he was in, yet another gym today, and could not shoot. BUT, someone gave him a balloon sword and he perked right up....well, until it popped. I wont even go there...
So, I bet you are wondering, "Why does Justice have a pair of red pom poms?" We went to a football themed birthday party on Sunday. The parting gift was either a football or pom poms. In much dismay to his father, Justice choose the pom poms. I asked him on the ride home, "Why didn't you want the football?" Justice replied, "Duh, mom. Now you have something to cheer with when I am shooting baskets at home!" For the first time in my life, I am the captain of the cheer leading squad. :) Right before bed he told me, "Gyms are for basketball and cheering....not tractors or eating! When I wake up tomorrow, it will all be okay again..."