Friday, February 5, 2010

Going to War...and other Battles

I came to the realization last night. Packing two kids for a basketball game is like going to war. I looked down at half time, nestled up by my feet was this massive pile of necessities to keep the Keene kids functioning for 3 hours in the gym. The list included: 6 diapers, a stack of wipes, 3 outfits for Cameron and 1 for Justice (he has never had a accident, but ya never know) 4 bibs, 3 bottles, 2 pacifiers, Gatorade, candy--cant forget the popcorn, a Michigan State basketball that Justice NEVER leaves home without, the infamous stat book, a Michigan State dry erase board (Doesn't everyone in the stands draw up plays during the game) two dry erase pens and a Illini West bag...not to mention my purse that weighs 10 pounds, Coach Keene's watch-that he seems to rip off in the middle of the first quarter almost every game these days, and a massive amount of tums because, for some reason, I have heartburn...I highly doubt that has anything to do with not eating dinner or being stressed out with my new product training, did I mention no restful sleep this time of year at the Keene manor....naaaa, just another day in the life of a Coach's wife. And well, we lost...that's another story for another day.