Saturday, July 17, 2010

Na.. Na.. Na Na, Hey, Hey, Hey..Good-bye!


Its Official! The Golden handcuffs of the Pharmaceutical industry are gone. Made the drop on Friday! Can't say I have shed ONE tear saying GOODBYE to Warner Chilcott! Since April 26th I have been stressed to the max, everyday. On a side bar, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to my husband for being horrible to live with. For better or worse, eh?

Top 10 Reasons why I won't miss the industry.

10-Driving 5000 miles a month

9-Listening to the lady in Decatur say, "It's the Actonel Rep, ya know, the girl who doesn't live with her family."

8-We only see reps on Tuesday and Friday from 10-2, unless we are busy, then we see reps on Wednesdays from 3-5, but if the doctor is out on Wednesdays you can come on Mondays every other week from 9-11. AKA-We hate reps, so just don't come back.

7-Being labeled "the fun-maker" from your manager because WC does not follow pharma guidelines which means in non-industry terms they want us to have 3 dinners out per week. NOT REALISTIC and last time I checked I could care less about happy hour.

6-GPS tracking devices on our computers so you can be watched from 8-5 from the comfortable location of your managers office computer.

5-Mean gatekeepers. Ya know, the ones that have no authority in their entire life except, the will to make reps beg like dogs, to get back to see the doctor. I have witnessed being asked for a DQ ice cream cake to get a "glimpse" of what the sample closet looks like to candy bars and Starbucks to get on a waiting list for a lunch.

4-POA Meetings--very similar to Amway Conventions..3 days of living hell and you get to share a room with a total stranger in some far away place.

3-Faking I love my manager, and faking alot of things :(

2-Hi, we have you scheduled for lunch today. We want pizza from Pizza hut, salads from the Olive Garden and Cookies from Perkins. We only like diet coke or mt. dew-don't bring bottled water, we can get that from the faucet--and by the way, no where delivers so you will have to pick it all up. One more thing, make sure the drinks are cold, if not bring ice and cups.

1-Patients dirty looks


19 Sanofi-Aventis Reps being sold to Warner Chilcott--
$500,000

1- Face to face breakfast with my new manager for him to introduce himself as, "Yeah, I didn't really want you. Just so you know. Now do you think you can handle this?"--
$23.00

Busting my butt for 83 days, 2 weeks in New Jersey, 8 overnights, 32 Med Ed Dinners, 22 lunches, 12 breakfasts, 4 programs all to move my business to the TOP in the district in just 8 weeks--
$23,000 target bonus--all of which I will never see

Calling my boss and telling him I quit while he literally CRIES on the other end of the phone--
PRICELESS!

Now, who doesn't want who? :)