Sunday, September 28, 2014

QUIET TIME


This picture is one of my favorites. It speaks to me and almost brings tears to my eyes. It says in a very soft whisper, "Shhhhh, theirs peace in Jesus. Just sit quiet and rest my little one. I am here. Let your attention gaze on me and I will throw you a rope. You are safe. Don't hold the remote too tight, I have already picked your program."

Spending some time getting quiet can really be the best remedy for a tangled situations. Taking a step back from all the emotion, frustration, and exhaustion to sit quietly with Jesus will do more to untangle a mess than anything else I’ve ever found. I can honestly say, I've been tangled into the best knot tied this summer. After my warrior-like determination took a long look in the mirror and a few exhales I realized---after all those hurts, scars and bruises, after all those trials, I really made it though. I did it. I survived what was supposed to eat me alive. This picture reminds me I can't do it alone. Rather than use God as my emergency break, he needs to be my steering wheel. In the hustle of 2014 even the best leader can lose sight of the journey and try to use their own remote to pick the program.

Now, back to this picture. Sweet Tristan, my nephew. I love him. He looks so peaceful. In order to find my peace I'm going to set my alarm thirty minutes early for thirty days. I may just sit in my PJ's on the porch and read. Get my mind untangled before I start the day. Maybe someone will whisper to me, "Shhhh, theirs peace in Jesus. Just sit quiet and rest my little one. I am here. Let your attention gaze on me and I will throw you a rope. You are safe. Don't hold the remote too tight, I have already picked your program."