Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Good Friendship Is More Important Than A Passionate Romance...


My fortune cookie today said, "A good friendship is more important than a passionate romance." For the first time, I actually kinda agree with the old Chinese proverb. Thank goodness I married my best friend. :) Anyhoo. Coach made his last Wal-Mart trip tonight before his trip to North Carolina. I am not sure who is more excited Coach or the girls. He stresses about this for WEEKS!! Calls to confirm at least 4 times for the camp, hotels, charter bus and all. Actually, learned a very valuable lesson about 4 years ago when the camp lost their reservation 2 days before leaving. But, Mrs. Coach Keene, used her talented sales skills and persuasiveness to let them allow the team to attend and finagled a hotel to work out a deal for 1 night before the camp started.....this night marked one of the most stressful nights in Coach Keene history....Wow, I could sweat just remembering!
Yep, snapped this when no one was looking, well, except the lady at the Pharmacy. She thinks I am weird. Well, guess what lady, I AM weird! Cameron is screaming, "Daaaa" at the top of his lungs and Justice is "chillin", as he says, waiting to make a scene at the check out counter for a Reese's Cup....


Well, short post tonight. Its like mission control here at the Keene Compound and I am getting everything set up to be a single mother for the next 6 days. I am sure someday a 6 day trip will seem like one of the short ones. I am pretty sure college coaches spend the entire month of July recruiting....Better be recruiting in Jamaica--Have wife will travel :) Night!