Wednesday, April 14, 2010

PERSPECTIVES---IS The Journey The Reward?


Isn't if funny how your perspectives changes when you are flying? The world looks so small and really, come on, when you are flying at 35,000 feet, the only thing you care about is a safe return. I had some time in the last 24 hours to think about my layoff. Everyone around me has a different "perspective" on dealing with this news.
1st Justice....This kid is smart. I think he is alittle to young to understand transformation and downsizing, so I have not told him any of the drama. Once again, this kid is smart. Last week started off with, "Mom, your NOT in your work clothes?" Followed by, "Umm, you gonna be the tortoise or the hare today, mom...you DON'T look ready!" Later in the week randomly, at least 20 times a day, Justice would say, "Mom, I love you." And he is NOT really vocal with those words normally. When I left for New Jersey on Monday at 6:30am, yep he was up. He wanted to carry my bags to the car. What a little trooper. He bid ed me farewell with a big hug and a "knock em dead at that meeting or whatever it is!" Once again, Smart kid. He knows....
2nd Coach Keene.....Zach has been awesome. We honestly feed off each other for motivation, especially when the chips are down. In our 7 years of marriage, never a dull moment, I am not kidding. "Fear is short term, Pride lasts forever." "Adversity offers opportunity, but you must first recognize it." What would I ever do without Coach Keene. He is my rock. Seems like whenever one of us is up, the other down. And when one of our careers are off the charts, the other is at the bottom of the barrel. God has a plan. I must be patient. And FYI-Thank you God for a patient husband, I have not been easy to live with lately.
3rd Co-Workers.....I cannot believe how much support I have at Sanofi-Aventis. I fielded 17 phone calls in 24 hours of my layoff. So many advocates to help me find a new opportunity. I wish my co-workers left courage, including the courage to change. I have experiences more fear this week, than I want to wish on anyone. Another round of layoffs is set for June 1st. Again, November 25. More good people will go. I hate this economy.
4th Family.....Love is the greatest word in the English language. Balance is the second greatest word. I thank the Lord for a family that pulls together in this uncertain time. Grandpa Dana spent the night Monday and Grams Marsha spent the night Tuesday night to help with the kids. And my mother stayed days...Its takes a village to raise these Keene boys...and Coach
5th Christ.....Why do we use our faith sometimes like the emergency brake in the car, rather than the steering wheel of life. I consider my self to have a personal relationship with the Lord, but this week...OVERDRIVE. I mentioned fear factor times, I have been praying for peace and guidance like a mad woman. And yes, he is delivering, maybe not on Andrea Keene time, but on His time.
As I flew into Chicago today, I thought IS the journey the reward? We spend so much time concentrating on the destination of life, that we often forget the part of getting there. Where ever you are in life, maybe its just a "layover" in Chicago before your plane leave for the next stop. Coach has goals, I have goals. I want it all, Family, Career and Macomb right now. Maybe my plane will land on Friday....or maybe its just grounded for mechanical difficulties. Time will tell...I will continue to wait for my flight information. Wonder what I should pack?