Friday, April 16, 2010

Greener Pastures....


So, here I am waiting. I am pretty sure I mentioned I don't wait well...


Wow, time off sure gives you the opportunity to reflect. About 2 months ago I was working over by Canton, my lunch was canceled, I decided to sit in my car and get some work done. I was listening to Family Life Radio. The sermon hit home. It was about letting our Shepard lead us to greener pastures. Sheep eat and eat, till the grass is all gone. The sheep have no doubts that once the last piece of grass is swallowed, the Shepard will lead them to an even greener pasture. Its like in the field of life, we need to let Christ place us where we are supposed to be, even when the grass is almost gone. Yes, I know, as humans fear plays a big role in our "waiting to be led." Its only natural to let the fear set in. That is why we are to trust, we are right where God has our plan placed. Wait, be patient. Greener pastures are right around the corner. This verse sat next to my bed for a month while I was in training in New Jersery five years ago. It was the first thing I saw everyday, and the last thing I read before I feel asleep...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Still waiting....the grass is almost gone.