Thursday, August 4, 2011

Two Tickets To Paradise




















I've got two tickets to paradise....yep we leave at 2:30AM for Lambert Airport. Riviera Maya, here we come with our exhausted dark circles under our eyes. We can't wait to step out of the little safari vehicle, be greeted by the Now resort with a cold towel and a Bahama Mama drink in hand. (This ain't our first rodeo!) Mexican sun you must rejuvenate our minds and our spirits to tackle season nine. I dont have high hopes, do I? :)

Two tickets to paradise also means four people going in three different directions. It's like mission control tonight packing for two little people. Not to mention Coach Keene is alittle diva-licious when it comes to packing. We agreed only two carry ons so our luggage has no way of getting lost. He's been on the "runway" trying to decide what outfit will offset his cigars and tropical drinks while basking in the Mexican moonlight. Other than my bathing suit, 3 good books to read, and no digital technology to interrupt my relaxation--I could careless what I look like. "Casual elegance" that's my theme. Just throw it in the bag and fire up the car!

The boys are super excited about their vacation to the grandparents. No rules at Grandma's. Once we return next week Coach and I are taking the boys to Starved Rock Indoor waterpark for a few days. Its like 12 days of not being responsible! And mountains of laundry upon return...

When my sister and I were little my mom and dad didn't travel a ton. But when they did we stayed at our grandparents. My mom always packed little presents for us to open each night before bedtime to let us know we were on their mind. I packed JC and Cameron little presents this trip too. Nothing big, just fun little items to unwrap. Justice spotted my surprise the day before we left. He's made it miserable waiting to rip them open. Geeze, the kid has no patience. Wonder where he got that?

Well, last minute details are calling. Relaxation---here we come!