Saturday, May 29, 2010

Three Days And Counting...


Memorial Day is bitter sweet for the Keene family. Its the last "quiet" weekend until July for this basketball foursome. Okay, I can't remember the last "quiet" weekend we have had. For weeks and weeks now we have had something on the calendar. What I wouldn't give just to stay home and relax for two whole days. But, I must say, the words--Relax-- and--Children--do not mix.
Camp starts Tuesday, and along with camp comes, a serious schedule conflict for two kids and a working mother. This year we not only have our mothers on the inventory of help, but we also have hired another set of hands. Coach is working with the high school team every day and the Jr. high players two nights a week. Not to mention weekend shootouts and that week long trip to North Carolina to wrap up the month of June. Ahh, the joys of being married to a man who loves a game more then some love their families. We lucked out. He loves us both or he does a great job at faking one. So, how did I find time to blog tonight? Well, finally got the kids to sleep after a long day outside in the sun. Figured Coach and I would watch a movie or just relax on the couch. Guess again. As I sit here and type, he is watching a video on UCONN and taking notes like a stenographer in a courtroom. Gino is teaching some crap about dribble drive whatever. Anyhoo...I will leave coaching to him and all the rest of the success of the organization to me.
I am beat tonight. Thinking about going to sleep. After looking at the stack of DVD's Coach has sitting next to him on the table, it looks like he may be awhile....Speaking of bedtime, Justice told me last night, right before he went to bed, "Mom, I love you more than Wal-Mart." WOW, Wal-mart. That's gotta make a girl feel special, don't ya think?