Saturday, May 1, 2010

New York City...


There is no “I” in Team, especially Team Keene. I must tip my hat to my husband; he is doing a great job. Coach Keene is not only a great leader on the court, but he has proved himself this week at home to be an excellent chief behind the scenes. The first five days he has juggled two kids, hardly any sleep, cooking, diapers, cleaning, laundry, bath times and even a trip to the library with Justice and Cameron to get a few new books for bedtime. Super dad is more like it. I called him today--at the park playing on the jungle gym. Unbelievable. I am beginning to wonder if he is the Keene with the patience’s for parenthood. Although, he did share, “He only misses me at night, the kids wont sleep at the same time; he is fine during the day.” I guess THAT at least gives me SOME job security. I have to ask myself, will I be as calm as he is in June when Coach goes to North Carolina for a week and I am home. Highly doubt it…

So my first five days have been extremely eventful. Class is a killer!! Twelve hour days with only a thirty minute lunch break. Guess what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right? On another note; One car bomb in Time Square, my hotel caught on fire-yes, fire trucks and all, and there was and M&M collectable show at our hotel with some REALLY odd participants. I did get one free day this weekend, which I took full advantage of. I got a massage, manicure & pedicure and followed that up with some power shopping at the mall across the street. Almost felt guilty, but enjoyed the quiet time. Yes, I had to get Justice a prize too. GMS-Guilty Mother Syndrome and the fact he asks on every phone conversation, “What are you bringing me?” I mailed him a card too, he should get that Tuesday. He loves mail. Boy, Coach has shared some interesting stories that have came out of that little mans mouth this week. Every time I call home he declares, “When you get home mommy, I am punching you in face. You have been gone to long.” I guess in Justice terms, that means I love you.

Speaking of love, I think Carrie Bradshaw is on to something about New York City. (She is the character from Sex and the City—if you live in a cave) Carrie writes a column about finding love in New York City and constructing that life into an immense love story. I think true love can be found in any short story or epic novel. Just go to the library, there are shelves of people who made it. You can have love stories within other love stories too. But, the finest lesson I have learned this week (besides the importance that I better move my numbers and sell), one exit away from New York City, is that my classic love tale is in Macomb. If Coach and I could bottle the cooperation and teamwork we have and sell it on the shelves it would be priceless. It’s like magic in a bottle or a bad accident you can’t take your eyes off of. Both ways, people want it, along with Carrie Bradshaw, and I have it-and wont share! One week down, one to go…Appreciate my husband to the upmost peak today!