Saturday, May 15, 2010

Have You Seen My Swagger?


Come out, come out, where ever you are.......This week I lost my swagger.



Ten short years ago I met Coach. Well, I had talked with him a few times on the Internet when I lived in Mississippi. He was an ICQ junkie, remember that chat line..uh-oh! Looking back, I was giving him love advice about this girl he liked. Yikes, good thing I gave bad advice. Anyhoo...we met face to face at a party. I thought he was the biggest jerk I had ever met, along with his cocky attitude. Honestly, wanted to slap him. Somehow, like a few days later, I decided it wasn't cocky, it was confidence. And I kinda had alittle of that swagger myself. Match made in heaven, basketball heaven! I am pretty sure I see that swagger in Justice, almost daily. Sometimes, alittle TOO much swagger, it gets him a nice paddle on the behind!


So this week, in light of my new job, I think I have lost my swagger. I was watching a show that talked about making sure the pirate always kept the sword pointed at the opponent. You gotta make sure the sword never comes to your side. Recapping my week of many tears, getting lost more times than I remember, leaving my house some days before the sun came up, blanking in front of a customer and too much more to type....I need to pull myself out of the lower deck of the ship and point my sword at the opponent again. Coach Keene's, sometimes very annoying swagger, never leaves--even when the chips are down. I let my world get the best of me this week and KEENE's don't back down--they only dig in and push harder.


Gotta say, June is a very stressful month at the Keene Compound. Summer basketball begins. I am already nervous. Although Coach has assured me, things will be fine, only if we are organized. It all goes back to his type A crazy personality...I reminded him, this is no normal summer schedule. Practice from 8-10, weights 10-11 and the Jr. High from 4-6. A week long trip to North Carolina and a few shootouts intermixed in there as well. Go big or go home. On a side bar--the last few years Coach has took a few on the chin because his "numbers" after the convergence have not been very large for participation. Well, guess what...34 kids this summer in the high school and 17 of them are F-R-E-S-H-M-A-N! Nice...if you build it, they will come--Swagger...people want it. I just need to find mine---I think its waiting for me in the mini-van.....with the Virginia plates. ^%!#$%^(^$@!, OKAY, enough...