Sunday, March 28, 2010

Is It Friday Yet?


This week is killing me, and now I am back to five sleeps away, again, until I get another break. This operational mother is overworked and underpaid. I am normally, pretty positive and a little on the hyper side. This week, I find myself in a “funk”. I am not sure if it’s because I am so weary I am losing my mind or the fact that the health care bill is lingering? I won’t go off on that tangent. I drove more than 4000 miles in my car in just 26 days of work. My job is kicking my butt; but Coach Keene said to me, “maybe YOU are kicking butt at your job?” And the answer to that question, as you hang on the edge of your computer, yep, I am!



The kids refuse to sleep at the same time during the night right now. Coach and I are like two ships in the night, we just high five each other, going back and forth. Cameron is eating two bottles during the night and Justice, well; Justice will probably never sleep through the entire night. I guess I should treasure this time, it will be over before I can blink my eyes.


I was hoping for a quiet weekend, but that is not happening. Saturday evening our family ate dinner at DJ's Steakhouse with my parents and Aunt Ashley plus her new love. Well, kinda first love, but that is a story for a different blog. Justice asks at the table, yes, during a quiet moment, "Are you getting married?" Pretty much the icebreaker for the evening...
Here we are on Sunday. I am home with the kids and Coach Keene has migrated to Carrollton for a coach’s round table. Let’s not kid ourselves; it’s a "fun fest day" away from the family to talk about basketball and stroke peoples egos. I am not bitter, can you tell? I have a meeting this week to prepare for, I am presenting. Seems like the harder you work and the better you get at your profession, you get more responsibility within the organization. I get to present about my favorite topic, sales success, leadership and teamwork. Mrs. Coach Keene gets to be the “life coach” of the meeting. Should be fun and right up my alley…


Since mommy is going to a meeting this week, my goal is to sprint around the house preparing for my absence here on this Sunday. Clothes ready, sorta. Fridge full of food, check. House clean, NOT! Justice was playing outside today and brought me in this "magic leaf." (Its sitting on the shelf) He said, "This leaf is magic. Make a wish mom." I closed my eyes and said, "I wish for a clean house and more time to play on the weekends!" Justice replies, "Its a leaf mom, not a miracle maker!" To much TV for his young boy I think...Is it Friday yet?