Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cameron Crazies


It's the eve of the fourth birthday day. Four years ago today, Coach was making me dinner. Pasta with Lazarotti's sauce, it was an Italian Feast for a prego lady. My water broke at 5a.m.. I have never looked at pasta sauce the same since that life changing moment. Nor do I look at McDonald's the same. Can you believe Coach Keene even tried to stop at McDonalds in Monmouth for a quick egg Mcmuffin. He says, "I was going to go through the drive through, whats the big deal." ....19 hours later, Justice Carter Keene entered at a woopin 7 Ibs. Life has never been the same. Can't hardly believe we were not having kids. Ha! Now look at us...two and counting. Just kidding. Wanted to see if you were paying attention. Two and DONE!!
Well, we shipped the kids out today so we could clean Keeneville. No longer is my dining room a half court gymnasium, but we have room to actually walk around. I can't believe how many dust bunnies can collect during the winter. I am constantly cleaning, but those lil suckers just build up. Coach spent his day cleaning Justice's room, re-arranging and putting together the new basketball shoot out game. While I spent the day cleaning the other 9 rooms. Justice came home and screamed, "its just like Bonkers!" (FYI-If you have never been to Bonkers, you are missing out!) Anyway, Justice shot so long that he broke into a massive sweat; Sat down and said, "I am so hot, I am officially calling a time out on myself!" I think Coach likes the hoop game just as much as Justice Carter. Secretly, I think that's why he strategically picked one with two hoops...


The kids spent the day celebrating Great-Grandma Ann's 79th birthday. Grandpa and Grandma Keene picked them up at ten and drove to Abingdon. I was told that right before they left the party Justice told Great-Grandma, "Happy Birthday ya pussy-cat, have a great day!" Once again, my child leaving a lasting impression...

House is clean, check. Cake and decoration ready, check. Kids asleep, check. Duke vs. North Carolina--Double check!! Coach has been cleaning all day with visions of this game dancing in his head. No, Seriously. It's March. March Madness is a National Holiday at the Keene house. Coach will do anything this time of year, as long as the TV belongs to him at tip off. Gotta love him. I guess it could be worse. He could love hockey, and I don't know anything about that game. Speaking of games, the Olympics. I about died the other day when Justice asked for a mop and his hockey puck. I honestly figured this would end in someone crying. He then proceeded to make a path in the living room to the fireplace. He was furiously mopping and trying to move the ball. I asked him, "Justice, what are you doing?" "Mom, it was on the Olympics, I'm curling..." That is yet, another game, I don't understand...but Justice assured me, "He got it." Followed by rolling his eyes...


Did I mention presents, check! I guess we are officially ready to party. Just waiting for a bundle of four year old energy to join this chair! YIKES.......I can hear Cameron upstairs stirring around. He must know his people are playing and cheering, "the Cameron Crazies" are calling his name! (He was....yes... named after Duke's gym, Cameron Indoor Stadium." If God would have gave us a girl, Kameron Bristol Keene....Motherhood calls. Nows it a full fledged cry....Night