Sunday, December 5, 2010

Home Forever and Ever



Last week I picked Justice up from school. We sing alittle song everyday when we get in the car. "What did you do today?" He sang back, "Learned about families and houses." He then continued--out of singing mode--to share with me, "I made a tee-pee!" Justice then downloaded all of the information, "Mom, we learned about families. And some families live in houses and some live in tee-pees. Ya know mom, someday I will grow up and I wont live with you anymore!" This statement was said in an almost defiant tone.

"I will grown up and move away..." Justice got very quiet. I looked in my rear view mirror and he had his hands in front of his face sobbing. "Justice, you never have to leave home, that wont be for a long, long time." After a few more minuetes of tears, he wiped them clean and peaked out of his hands, "I love you mommy. Okay, I will stay forever and ever!" As soon as the Kia stopped at home, he was like a new man. Good as new. Not a care in the world...