Saturday, December 24, 2011

Twas The Night Before Christmas....Keene Style









Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, well, except for Coach Keene...
As the game film was playing on the flat screen he stare,
In hopes that the basketball elves would soon offer care..


The Keene children were nestled all snug in their beds,
with visions of jean jackets dancing in their heads....
While mom at her computer and I getting a snack,
Had just settle our minds for a short winters nap...


When out at West Adams there rose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter...
Away to my window tons of snow in a flash,
I tore open my phone and gave it a lash ...



This year was almost over, now new fallen snow,
gave yet another day to prepare before meeting our opponents below....
But what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a new "competitive attitude" from our family we hold dear...



With our foursome press as the driver, so lively-so quick,
I know at this moment what made our family tick..
More rapid than eagles the closer they came,
I whistled and shouted and called my vision by name...



Go Zach, Go Andrea, Go Justice, Go Cameron,
You only need each other and the rest will roll...
To the Top of the Leader board, To The Top of the Poll
Now Dash Away, Dash Away, Dash Away All...



They spoke not a word and went straight to work,
Filled the board of life with points and turned with a jerk..
Coach Keene laying a finger aside of his head,
and giving a nod, they dropped another opponent like lead..



Coach sprang back to West Adams and gave them a whistle,
and away the family flew like a down of a thistle...
But I heard coach exclaim, as the they dribbled out of sight,
"Your heart has the answer, now follow that light!"


Merry Christmas from Our Family To Yours.....