Thursday, December 29, 2011

Reflection













Today while on a gum search in Coach's bag I found this old email I sent him folded up. The paper was wrinkled. The corners were torn. Not to mention the once white paper was dingy. The email was dated February 19, 2011. The significance of the date was the sectional title IW played against QND. This short note has multiple meanings. I was touched he had kept it. I was moved he has read it more times than one by the dirty prints left behind. I thought it was time to share my note to the blog world....


Coach Keene,

When tonight’s game starts--give it your best. The opportunities are there to be anything you want it to be. But wanting to be something isn’t enough; dreaming about it isn’t enough; thinking about it isn’t enough. You have to study for it, work for it, fight for it with all your might and all your heart and all your soul, because nobody is going to hand it to you.

Success does not come to you---you go to it. I am proud of your swagger, I am impressed with your leadership, I am intimated in your will to win, and I am overcome by your love of the game. Passion makes every detail important. Tonight, take some time to enjoy the “small detail” of everything you, as a coach, have overcome this year. Not to mention the success you have molded. It took years to get to this point. Now take it in, and evaluate where your heart tells you to go next on your journey…

Your biggest fan,

Mrs. Coach Keene




.......How often do we actually stop and reflect on all our hard work? Do we wait until New Years Eve to evaluate the last 12 months? Or do we wait until tip off of a 8 year run? I think Keene's push and push; really never stop to think how far I have moved the needle. This needs to change.

I asked our whole family what their New Years Resolution was....

Justice, "Spent more time with Dana." Just a side bar--my dad comes every night to see the boys...How much MORE could the kid possibly get. Anyhoo--

Cameron, "Candy..." Just what the low key kid needs, more sugar.

Andrea, "Find Healthy, physically and mentally." I plan to continue to work hard with my trainer in 2012 and take a day every month to do something for me.

Zach, I will just plead the 5th on his....

As for our Family's New Years resolution....“Now take it in, and evaluate where your heart tells you to go next on your journey…”

Happy New Year!!!