Friday, January 20, 2012

Conscience Effort


When I first met Coach we had nothing but fun. Couples that hung out with us, I think for the most part, would agree we knew how to kick back. Somewhere between I-Do, two children and job stability we got real serious. Serious like 97% of the time. Recently we vowed to make a conscience effort to play more. This play encompasses the classroom, the gym, my work place and most importantly neutral territory--home.

Friday I called a round table with the boys. While munching on the after school snack of choice Justice, Cameron and I plotted a way to kick off the weekend. Justice said, "lets pretend we are pirates on our own island." Sounds good. Cameron said, "guns." From this deep family meeting we decided to summon daddy to a fight on our island when he got home from practice. I wrote the note while Justice told me what to say. Around six o'clock the garage door went up and the boys were in action. While hiding in the tropical lagoon (also known as the entryway) I am pretty sure Cameron peed his pull up. Potty training is for the weak. Who cares. He was a pirate.

The hall was dark. We figured the forbidden stranger was reading our note on the door to Keene Ko Mo. All of a sudden the door downstairs and pow--pow---pow. There was more laughing and giggling at the bottom of the stairs than I had heard in months. Success--Play more, even if you must make a conscience effort!

P.S. Heard they had ice cream in practice Friday too...must have been something in the air.