Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012, its finally here. Isn't this supposed to be the year to end all years? Only if your Mayan, wait a second--aren't they all gone anyway?

Keene's rang in the new year at Fun City. We had a great time. Watersides, pizza, games and together time only 45 short minutes away from home. The boys were, brace yourself, abnormally perfect the entire time. After the hustle and bustle of the holidays-not to metion the tournament- its always nice to let your guard down and just be.

First stop was the water park. Justice was like an dolphin. Cameron;alittle more shy. He wanted to hold my hand everywhere. The only hand Justice wanted to hold was these six little girls celebrating a 6th birthday. He was in rare show-off form. He braved it up and went down the yellow enclosed water slide. I could not believe he wanted to take this tunnel of darkness. Off he went. Yes, waiting at the bottom like a freaked out expected mother--SLASH--he came out of the midnight with a huge grin. Probably Justice's proudest moment to date. Grandpa Dana WOULD have had a heart attack. On a side bar he is afraid of water--let alone a water slide. Sorry Dad--outed ya. Anyhoo. When my brave JC came out of the water I asked him if he was scared in the darkness? "Nope mom. Jesus held my hand all the way down." Now THIS was my proudest moment.

Speaking of Praise God--my Fun City experience finallied with a surprise appointment at the spa. Yes, Coach Keene always has something up his sleeve. The quiet smell of rosemary and mint entered my senses as soon as my body entered the door. One word, amazing. I had 90 minutes of experience from aromatherapy to scrubs to hot stones to massage. Just thinking of it makes me want to go back. If you ever get to Fun City--make a stop at the spa. It could be my "fun city ritual" now...

A 2011 ritual that I am taking into the new year starts when my garage door goes up. Every morning on my way to work I spend 8 minuetes of time with God. This is my time to pray for peace, pray for my family, ask for guidance, and submit him to set me free from areas that consume me. I can't tell you all the answered testimonies I have encoutered during this eight minuetes of highway.

Lastly, speaking of testimones--NBA players, Artist, and Olympian Christians have been finding ways in their game to honor God forever. I have to wonder if Tim Tebow was Muslim or Jewish would his religion be so controversial? I witnessed tonight's ESPN commentator's mocking his post touchdown prayer with a huge smirk on all five of their faces. Why are Christian's not allowed to publically surrender to God, but we as a country allow so many other religions the freedom to practice? Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

I have often wondered in the quiet of the Star Spangled Banner right before tip off what conversation is going on with Coach and God. His head is always bowed. He eyes closed tight. Even Justice follows this lead. I have to think he is praying for the saftey of his players, peace to lead his troops, and heart to motivate them in the right way. This is his quiet highway. Maybe God is holding his hand like Justice in the tunnel.