Saturday, June 11, 2011

Side Effects


Coach Keene and I just recently developed our Keene family mantra. "Striving for perfection, while settling for excellence in all we do." Those are strong words to live by and actually come with a package insert for side effects.

While visiting the ER last week, twice, I had some time to think while I participated in an EKG, Chest X-Ray, renal sonogram, Two Cat scans and numerous blood draws--I realized I am just pushing my young self alittle to hard. Between trying to hold up the image of having it all together at work and play I have earned the title of a National statictic over the last year of my life.

You wanna talk about side effects for being a driven family, how about them apples? or shall I say dollars. Here I am laying in the tube getting a cat scan WONDERING just how much this lil ER visit is gonna cost me--I AM my father.

In order to accommodate my new found realization of side effects I have resorted to pharmaceuticals, (love drugs! Miss the dealing..) a personal trainer and a boot camp. Did I mention I also have a prescription for a vacation, doctors orders. I told her, "I will book something in August--I am just to busy right now." Did I miss the direction or what? Anyhoo--Coach leaves for LSU in T-Minus 10 days and counting. They Will be gone for 6 days--Lord help me, and my heart.