Monday, February 21, 2011

Primary Colors





Its been a hard week in Keene Country. Unless you live it, you cant understand the grieving process a coaches family goes through when the season ends. We didn't lose by the lack of heart. We didn't lose by the lack of preparation. We just lost to a better team. Tell that to the little scorekeeper.

I picked Justice up from school on Wednesday. He was very quiet in the back seat. I said, "Whats wrong buddy?" I notice in the mirror Justice has two little tears going down his cheek. "Mommy, I wanted to go to Redbird." I said, "Justice, we will. Daddy and I will take you this year. We can watch the games." Justice put his fist up in the air and exclaimed in this moment of passion, "NO--I only want to go with the Chargers--I will wait until then!" Wow, at that moment, I realized his heart was broke. He was angry. Not to mention his fathers heart was a little torn too. I hate feeling helpless. When I dropped Justice off at home after school, I got out of the car and hugged him. This time he actually hugged me back. Yeah, I am not to proud to say I drove back to work with tears in my eyes that turned into the total ugly cry around Grant Street.

Once upon a time the Keene's were purple and gold. We didn't look to be blue and white, they found us. And what a great ride. After being blue and white, we never thought for a minute we would be orange and blue. Now on the finale of another season I have to wonder what life has in store for this coaches family. I believe in supernatural paths. Coach and I both have very interesting career stories of how we got to where we are today. God has a plan. Our story is one piece of evidence.

Justice Keene I promise you, we WILL play in the big game someday. And we will win it all. What colors you, me and Cameron will be in behind the bench is a mystery. The only thing I can tell you is it will be well worth the wait.